Thursday, October 7, 2010

Any Day Now!!!

This picture was actually taken 2 weeks ago at our 37-week appt. The camera is looking down on his forehead. His right arm is coming across his face, and his chubby, little left hand is resting on top of his right arm. He has been hiding his face since about 20 weeks.
We went to the doctor this morning, and I was possibly going to have my membranes stripped, however, I wasn't dilated enough. We're sitting at 39 weeks, 1 day, and MAYBE 1 cm at best. My weight gain has leveled off at 27 lbs, which my doc is really happy with, but my belly was measuring 3 weeks behind schedule this time (has only been 1-2 weeks behind the past few visits). She wanted to do another ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid level and Tripp's growth. If either were not ideal they were going to want to induce me today. Both were okay. He has stayed glued to my right side all this time, and all the fluid is on the left. He's just taking up every square inch possible. His growth was okay too...approx. 7 lbs, 4 oz. in the 60% in overall size. Two weeks ago he was in the 65% in overall size at approx. 6 lbs, 13 oz.
Sooooo, having said all that, they want me to come back Tuesday, and if I'm still not progressing, doc wants us to consider inducing. But, having said THAT, I could go into labor before I finish posting this message. If nothing else, the UT/UGA game should help the process along a bit.
Stay tuned to the blog as Dale will try to post all our updates on here, or through his Twitter @adalepatton. I will most likely be able to do some updates on Facebook, as well.
ANY DAY NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment