Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Holdin' Out

Quick update.....we went to the doc this morning for our 40-week-appt (due date is tomorrow). Since hearing last week that I may need to be induced today, I had really been struggling mentally with what to do. I have tried SOOOO hard all this time not to control the situation, and let him come in his own time. I am perfectly fine with my doc saying I need to be induced, but didn't want to do it for my own personal reasons. Dr. Moore said today that I could induce tonite if I wanted to, but that would be the only reason. If I were miserable, that would be one thing....I have my miserable moments, but all in all I'm fine and dandy. He was comfortable with my size, and since I had an ultrasound last week and the fluid levels were fine, he recommended I ride it out. After many, many prayers, that's all I needed to hear!! I'm taking a chance on not having one of my 2 docs deliver me, since neither are on call this Saturday or Sunday. If he has not come by Monday the 18th they will have to induce me, as they will not allow their patients to go more than a week past due. So, it's back to work tomorrow....no reason to sit at home taking up maternity leave time.

No comments:

Post a Comment